Full-time: 37.5 hours / Pay: $22 per hour
Are you a person that is community oriented and civic minded? Do you desire to work for an organization whose mission is dedicated to economic, community, and small business development? Would you like to work in a place where success means economic empowerment and job creation? Better yet, do you enjoy working in a collaborative environment where teamwork is encouraged all the while affording opportunities for autonomy? If you answered, “Yes,” to these questions, the Howard County Chamber (Chamber) is the place for you.
If you are an energetic and outgoing business professional that looks forward to challenging and impactful workplace, the Chamber is the place for you. Located in Columbia, MD, the Chamber is an employer driven membership organization dedicated to helping businesses—from sole proprietors to large international firms—grow and succeed through an array of events and programs, public forums, and specially curated content.
The Chamber is currently seeking an Office Assistant to manages administrative functions related to Chamber operations. This includes board and committee support, facilities/vendor support, and the ordering supplies. This person will provide direct administrative support to the President/CEO and assists with special projects for the Chamber. This position is highly interactive, requiring a professional image, strong attention to detail, and excellent communications skills.
Major Job Accountabilities:
- Executive Support - Assists the President/CEO with appointment scheduling, meeting follow up, written correspondence, and key communications with strategic members and supporters.
- Operations Management - Manages administrative functions related to Chamber operations to ensure smooth, efficient, and cost-effective processes. These duties include facilities and ordering of office supplies, managing petty cash, and gift cards and keys. This person is also responsible for ordering stationery, business cards, window clings, and membership plaques. Sorts and distributes daily mail when not working remotely. Responds and answers general email mailbox requests promptly and appropriately. Coordinates the scheduling and communications of member ribbon cuttings and manages Chamber conference room bookings.
- Membership Support - Courteously welcomes and assists all visitors to the Chamber office when not working remotely. Answers and directs incoming calls and provides referral information to members and callers. Assists in advance preparation and on-site execution of membership events and programs. Makes outbound renewal and recruitment calls to the general membership and prospects while assisting the Director of Membership and President/CEO in membership maintenance. Prepares routine membership correspondence, i.e., new member welcome emails, renewal thank-you letters and member touch points. Assembles and updates new member welcome kits and prospect packets as needed. Runs and sends reports from Customer Relationship Management System (CRM) that supports the membership department, general staff, and board of directors. Assists other departments with programs, projects, events, or other related duties.
- Board and Committee Support - Attends various committee meetings and maintains regular communication which includes providing information as necessary about activities and events. Develops strong and lasting relationships with committee volunteers. Also responsible for ensuring that maintenance of records and follow-up assignments are completed.
- Special Projects
- Assist in specific projects as needed.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and manage time well.
- Ability to interpret, analyze, organize, and apply association policies, objectives, and operations requirements.
- Ability to work with and interact effectively with a wide range of people.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Drop Box and in learning how to use other software work tools.
- Familiarity with electronic communications/web sites and databases.
- Familiarity with email marketing software/tools.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in marketing, business or related field of study or equivalent experience.
- Previous association or non-profit experience is preferred, not required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Outstanding customer service skills with strong interpersonal abilities and positive, can-do attitude.
- Strong computer skills, familiar with Microsoft 365, video platforms, email platforms, design software, and CRM database systems
- Monday to Friday, between the hours of 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM with occasional meetings or events before or after hours.
- Hybrid remote – Howard County Chamber, 6240 Old Dobbin Lane, Suite 110, Columbia, MD 21045
- Tasks involve the ability to exert very moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling, and which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (up to 30 pounds).
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter outlining relevant skills, experiences, and interest to Leonardo McClarty at email@example.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.